Visa's Everywhere Initiative is part of a comprehensive innovation strategy that allows Visa to partner with startups that best solve for the payment challenges businesses and consumers face every day. Launched across Latin America and the Caribbean in June, Visa’s Everywhere Initiative just concluded its semifinals in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Brazil. The initiative, which creates a space for startups to introduce innovative payment technologies and solutions, was launched in the United States in 2015. The goal of the program is to support and engage the startup community, drive the next generation of payment solutions, and partner with banks and merchants in the region to leverage opportunities with fintechs.
Participants were tasked with creating innovative products and services that benefit local consumers and businesses., and the 50 semifinalists presented their ideas to panel of judges composed of Visa experts, local banks and merchants, as well as key investors within the fintech community. Ten finalists, two from each semifinal event, were selected and will present their projects at the grand finale of Visa's Everywhere Initiative to be held during the FINNOSUMMIT event on November 9 in Miami. Finalists will also be given the opportunity to participate in a three- day immersion program to network with subject matter experts, and the winner will take home $50,000 USD and the opportunity to collaborate and co-create with Visa.
MEET THE 10 FINALISTS OF VISA’S EVERYWHERE INITIATIVE IN LATIN AMERICA:
- Alegra offers an app that manages the accounting of small businesses in a simple and organized manner.
- Bankity developed a smart credit card, that can predict how much a user will spend in a month based on a person’s spending behavior patterns.
- IncreaseCard simplifies and modernizes how businesses control, manage and reconcile their credit card operations.
- OrganizaME is a financial management service for SMEs and entrepreneurs that offers optional electronic billing.
- Pipol presents a mobile application that allows users to pay a restaurant bill quickly and conveniently.
- Saffe provides payment and authentication solutions via facial recognition. Through alternative authentication and user verification methods, Saffe offers more security in a creative way.
- T&E Express is a platform that supports companies in accounting processes, and flows of documentation and information.
- Übank helps people save money by empowering them to transform daily activities into savings opportunities.
- Uniko presents a new way of giving and receiving gifts around the world, as it allows users to exchange gifts for money.
- Vérios is a CVM-accredited investment manager that uses technology and automation to remove barriers and help people invest safely, efficiently and effortlessly.